Sunday 20 January 2013

THINGS ARE HEATING UP

When I decided to start a separate blog for the erotic books I was reading and reviewing the idea was that it would mean I could express myself more freely, without having to worry about offending anybody. An age-warning flashing up before any person could actually access the blog should ensure that no unsuspecting innocents were suddenly confronted with material they really did not want to read. So far so good, and I created a blog named "If You Can't Stand The Heat". 

Now, about a week after starting that blog, I realise that it is, through my email address, linked to my general blog and my public identity. I also realised that I don't necessarily want to share all my thoughts on sex and erotica with the whole world. There are legions of people out there who wouldn't want to know about the spicier side of my reading and dreaming and who, if I'm honest, have no business knowing about it. I don't want to end up in a situation where I would have to defend my reading or my writing to people I work with or more conservative minded friends and family. I also didn't want to restrict myself in what I could write about, just to avoid shocking people and/or getting myself into trouble.

And that leads to the creation of this blog. With a new identity and unrelated account I now feel free to post whatever springs to mind, kinky or otherwise. I intend to have a lot of fun in this blog and hope that my readers will have a similar experience.

The first few posts will be copies of reviews I had already posted on my other blog. After that, anything might happen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment