Monday 16 February 2015

STRICTLY PERSONAL by K.C. Wells: Release Day Review

STRICTLY PERSONAL by K.C. Wells
 
Pages: 77
Date: February 16, 2015
Details:  No 3.5 Personal
             Copy received from Author
Kindle

The blurb:

Colin has a romantic, long Valentine’s Day weekend planned for Ed. A visit to Manchester’s Canal Street, a really nice hotel, complete with four poster bed, and an intimate meal in a restaurant.

Unfortunately, things don’t go quite according to plan, and when one of them ends up in a police cell, Colin’s plans have to take a back seat.

Blake Davis can’t stay out of it once he hears what’s happened and turns up to lend a hand, and then it seems all of Ed’s fears about Friday the thirteenth being unlucky are about to be realized.

This was definitely not what Colin had in mind….

My thoughts:

I have a confession to make first. This is my first book in the ‘Personal’ series. I know I shouldn't read books out of order but when I saw the blurb for Strictly Personal, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to read the story. I mean, what’s not to love about two hot men on a romantic Valentine’s Day weekend.

I knew I’d be reading about characters that had been well established in an earlier story and was prepared to feel at least a little bit lost in this book. Much to my delight I didn’t. Colin and Ed were real and fully fleshed characters for me from the very first page and I got more attached to them as the story progressed.

These two men are hot together and so clearly love each other it was a joy to spend time with them. I felt bad for them when disaster struck and delighted with them when everything turned out just perfect despite the set-backs. The balance between humour, heat, charming and angst was just about perfect for this reader.

Of course now that I’ve fallen for Ed, Colin, Blake and Will I’ll have to go back and read the three previous titles as well. Given that K.C. Wells always tells a hot and gripping story, that won’t be a hardship.

Buy link:


No comments:

Post a Comment