Saturday 28 March 2015

CRASH & BURN by Abigail Roux
 
Pages: 419
Date: March 28, 2015
Details: No. 9 Cut & Run
Own / Kindle

The blurb:

“It’s been five years since Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett first worked together to solve the Tri-State murders, and time has been both harsh and kind. Engaged now, they face the challenge of planning a deeply uncertain future together. Zane is at the pinnacle of his career with one last mystery to solve, while Ty is at sea in a world where he’s no longer the tip of a spear.

There’s just one more hurdle in the way of their happy ever after: a traitor from their inner circle who threatens to burn their world to the ground.

Squeezed between the Vega cartel, an unknown mole, and too many alphabet agencies to count, Ty and Zane must gather all their strength and resources to beat the longest odds they’ve ever faced. To make it out alive, they’ll need help from every friend they’ve got. Even the friends who might betray their trust.”


My thoughts:


The final book in the Cut & Run series and if the previous eight books were action packed this book took the suspense to a new level. Roller-coaster doesn’t begin to describe the ride I got while reading this book.

There is so much going on in this book I’m not even going to try to get into the story. Besides, the people who haven’t read the book yet wouldn’t thank me for giving anything away and the people who have read it don’t need me to remind me what happens in this story; I’m sure it’s imprinted on their memory, just as it is on mine.

All I will say is that I went through every emotion known to men while reading this book. I laughed and I cried, and I nearly stopped breathing on several occasions and would have happily killed Abigail Roux once or twice only to adore her again a few pages later.

I’m so impressed with how she managed to pull all the different plot lines and lose ends from eight books together. If there are any questions left unanswered, I don’t know what they might be.

This book swallowed me whole on the very first page, and when I had to return to the real world after reading the very cute bonus scene at the end of the book,I wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself – I still don’t, if I’m honest. I don’t usually suffer book hangovers. Most of the time finishing a really good book makes me want to pick up something else in the hope of replicating the experience. Because I know, without a doubt, no other book could bring me everything Crash & Burn brought, I’m taking a short break from reading.

I’ll share on quote because it gives absolutely nothing away and because it put a huge grin of recognition on my face when I read it:

“Do you have any idea how hard it is to organize books by subject when they should be alphabetical?” – Ty


While this book was a more than fitting finale to Ty and Zane’s story, I’m sad there won’t be any more Cut & Run stories. The fact that Sidewinder will continue and that Ty and Zane will more than likely make guest appearances in those stories, makes it a little bit easier to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment