Friday 23 October 2015

Ashe Barker Introduces the OVER THE KNEE anthology

It is my pleasure to welcome Ashe Barker to The Way She Reads today. She’s here to tell us all about the recently released Over the Knee anthology and her story in it. So without further ado, I’ll hand you over to Ashe.

****

Hi there Helena, and thank you so much for inviting me over to your blog today. It’s the first time I’ve visited, and I’m so pleased to be here to give a shout out about the Over The Knee anthology, six wonderful, wicked tales of spanking and submission.

The collection is a smokin’ hot anthology of spankingly awesome short stories, over a hundred thousand words of sizzling naughtiness ready to melt your kindle. It’ll be a real treat for the spank-lovers among us. I’m so thrilled to have a story in the set, and I’m in fabulous company too snuggled up with Lily Harlem, Lucy Felthouse, Katy Swann, Dolly Watt, and Wendi Zwaduk.

In the Eyes of the Law is my story in the anthology.  When a lapse of concentration lands her on the wrong side of the law Libby finds herself facing her seriously dominant estranged husband. Josh thinks she’s a shoplifter, and as head of security at the shopping mall it’s his job to deal with thieves. But will he hand her over to the police or dish out his own brand of retribution?

This story was fun to write – short, snappy, and sexy as hell. I just adore this sensual cover too – Totally Bound cover art rocks!

The whole collection is out now and you can snap it up on Amazon or wherever you like to buy your ebooks. The individual stories will be out next month.

Here’s the blurb for In the Eyes of the Law

She’s still his wife, in the eyes of the law. But is she still his submissive? His to spank?
A momentary lapse of concentration places Libby Novak on the wrong side of the law. A criminal conviction could cause her to lose her job. How much worse could this get?
Libby soon knows the answer to that question when the head of security at the mall shows up. She hasn’t seen her estranged husband for years, and now she discovers Josh has a strict policy on how best to deal with shoplifters. He was her husband and her Dom. Will he turn her over to the police, or would a hard, bare-bottom spanking be sufficient redress for her misdemeanor? After all, that’s how he always dealt with her in the past.
Josh has never forgiven Libby’s betrayal. She let him down. She deserves to be punished. But does he still have that right?
Libby meant to divorce him. She was granted the decree nisi but never quite got round to making it final. They both know she’s still his wife—in the eyes of the law—but is she still his submissive? His to spank?


Check out the rest of the anthology too
‘Spicing it Up’ by Lily Harlem
Heat from a spanking ensures that Cassandra simmers with pleasure in a way she never would have imagined.

‘Kneel for You’ by Katy Swann
Should she agree to be spanked? Just the once? It would all be in the name of research, of course…

‘Silk and Decadence’ by Wendi Zwaduk
There is always fun in the club, but taking the fun outside and into life might be exactly what’s needed for a lifetime of passion.

‘Properly, or Not at All’ by Lucy Felthouse
How will a husband and wife cope when they’re told one of their favourite kinky pastimes is temporarily off the menu?

‘A Private Education’ by Dolly Watt
Archivist Emma Willoughby learns a lesson in kinky lust when she’s invited to assess the ninth Earl of Folchester’s private library.

And of course, an excerpt…

“I… Aagh!” There’s a whoosh as the belt slices through the air, then a loud crack as it lands across my bottom, wrapping itself around both buttocks. “Oh God, oh Jesus that hurts.”
Josh ignores my comment and my scream, as he readies himself to swing the belt again. Another rush of air, louder this time, and the belt again connects with my searing flesh.
“Oh, oh. Christ.” I screw up my eyes. Tears are already prickling behind my eyelids. Surely I used to be much more resilient than this. I’ve become soft, out of practice.
“Why couldn’t you trust me, Libby? Did I ever let you down?”
The belt lands again, leaving a third river of agony across my bottom. My arse feels to be on fire, yet still I lift it to him for more punishment. I know—I’m sure we both know—this isn’t about a bottle of perfume, nor is it about a lapse of memory, a moment of carelessness. This is about trust, broken promises, disappointment and long-suppressed anger.
At some level I know Josh has wanted to do this since the day I phoned him in Afghanistan to tell him I was leaving our army apartment and seeing a divorce lawyer. He was cool at the news. He didn’t ask me to reconsider or to wait. He just told me to do what I felt I must, and wished me good luck for the future. All subsequent correspondence between us until today has been via our solicitors.
The belt lands again and again. I am sobbing now and barely managing not to lift one hand in a futile attempt to protect my bottom from further abuse. Josh is no longer talking to me. Instead I know he must be concentrating on dropping stroke after stroke across my bum, leaving no spot untouched, yet managing not to land in just the same place twice. I’ll have stripes to show for this tomorrow and maybe for a few days after. Josh could usually leave marks that would still be evident a day or two later, and I used to take enormous satisfaction from those. Especially when in the days that followed a particularly heavy and satisfying scene, he would trail them with his tongue or his lips, arousing me to a near frenzy of longing.
The pain radiates across my bottom, sinking deep into my muscles, soaking through me, becoming a part of me. I know, as I always have, that moment when my mind gives up, when I submit absolutely. That moment when I allow myself to be wholly carried along, swept up on a wave which is purely about sensation, about feeling, yet not physical at all. The intensity of the beating is more muted, deeper but softening. My body stiffens, then becomes loose, fluid, pouring over my Dom’s lap. Even if I chose to, I couldn’t lift my hand to protect myself now. The only sound I am capable of is something between a groan and a purr, and I’m suspended in a place where time seems to stand still.

Buy Links

Amazon US             Amazon UK             Totally Bound


More about me…

I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres. I still love reading, the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.

I tend to draw on my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea.

When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a couple of dogs, two tortoises.  And a very grumpy cockatiel. 

I have twenty seven (at the last count) titles on general release with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have several more in the pipeline. All my books feature BDSM. I write explicit stories, always hot, but they offer far more than just sizzling sex. I like to read about complex characters, and compelling plots, so that’s what I write too. Strong, demanding Doms are a given, often paired with new submissives who have a lot to learn.

I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

Author links
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment