Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sam's Reluctant Submission by Brad Vance

Sam’s Reluctant Submission by Brad Vance

Pages: 35
Date: June 7, 2016
Details: No. 1 Sam’s Reluctant Submission
E-book / Own

The blurb:

Sam's down to his last five dollars when he meets Derek, who makes him an offer - come to my estate for a manhunt, evade me for two days, and you'll make ten grand...but if I catch you, you surrender your ass to me! Sam's got SERE training and he's pretty sure his straight ass is safe, but anything can happen when the hunt is on...

My thoughts:

This short was a lot more than I expected it to be. What I thought I’d be reading was a sex-filled borderline non-con or dub-con story. What I got was a well plotted introduction to two fascinating characters. Sure there was sex, and it was very hot and only consensual in the strictest sense of the word, but the story was much more than that.

What we are dealing with are two men who proclaim to be straight and yet…. While Sam clings to his heterosexuality with all his might and refuses to even contemplate that he might be tempted to experiment with other scenarios, Derek’s words are at complete odds with his behaviour.

Sam and Derek are also both well trained in combat and other military matters, making them formidable and well matched opponents. I loved how Sam had a memorised paragraph from his instruction manual for every single situation he found himself in while meeting Derek’s challenge—up to and including the moment he has to pay the price for losing the bet.


The only ‘problem’ I have with this story is that I’m now desperate to read the rest and won’t be able to do so for a few weeks at least. Oh well, I guess it gives me something to look forward to. I can’t wait to get to know these two men better. Intriguing as they are in this book I have no doubt they will get even more so as the story progresses. This was a very promising introduction to a new to me author. J

No comments:

Post a Comment